5 Tips to help weight-loss
- Fast and workout. The best time to do this is in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body will first go to the glucose from the most recent meals you have eaten, then what is stored in muscle cells, then your energy systems will go to stored fat.
- Quit being a weekend warrior. You eat good and workout during the week, then you go out drinking and make bad choices eating. Who eats good after drinking? Good luck. Think about the wasted calories you are consuming. You want to be thin, but you would much rather sabotage what you did for 5 days during the week.
- Hire a trainer or join a gym where there is community. Many who are already part of a gym still struggle. Hire a trainer for some extra 1-1 training. Hire a nutrition coach or someone for accountability and cut something out of your budget so you can “afford it.”
- Get 8 hours+ of sleep a night. Your body recovers when you sleep. In-adequate sleep leads to higher levels of cortisol, which in turn leads to more stored body fat. Sleeping good all week and staying out all night Friday and Saturday? See # 2.
- Stop quitting and stop lying. You join gyms and quit because it isn’t working. You cannot afford it. You don’t have time. These are all excuses and lame ones at that. 99% of cancellations are because of not having time or money. Sure there are some exceptions, but most are excuses to quit because the person was unwilling to commit to change and make the necessary sacrifices required to be successful. Everyone has time and everyone can cut back on something in order to meet their desired goals. Just be honest with yourself. If you don’t have what it takes, just admit it to yourself and the trainer you hired or the gym you joined.